Monday, 11 November 2013
Take your Kid to Work Day
For take your kid to work day I decided to take a walk down memory lane, and work at my middle school, Centennial Public School for the day. I went with my friend Katie, along with other former Centennial students. Katie and worked with the Phys Ed. teacher, Mr. Foss. We decided to work with Mr. Foss because last year, when there were no activities in schools, about 5 people were part of an athletic council at Centennial, which was basically the only thing running. Mr. Foss had chosen us last year when everything was still running and even though activities like inter-murals and BQQ's weren't going on this year, there was still a tuck shop and pizza day. This is part of what the athletic council would do if everything was running normally so he asked us to remain on the athletic council staff and that we were the only kids in the school who would have the chance to be on it this year because of the lack of activities. The 5 of us working there got really close and it was a part of the day I could really look forward to. This made Mr. Foss one of my favourite teachers, that's why we decided to return with him, even though I don't plan on being a Phys Ed. teacher. We got to help out in gym class if no one had a partner for the drills they were doing and performing examples for the drills. We also got to see the new "AC family", which is now full again because activities are on this year. There really wasn't one specific memorable part of day. It was a really great experience to go back and see how the grade 7's we know are now grade 8's and the new grade 7's that have come. I think it was a really positive experience because it helped me move on and understand that I belong in high school now, even if I really miss it, I'm growing up. The negative things were that it was really sad; all the memories came flooding back right as I walked into the school. Almost the whole day I felt like crying because I really didn't want it to be over, it was sad to see people in the same classes I was, having the same lockers as I had, taking our spots on AC, but like I said, I have learned from Centennial but now I am fully ready for my new life in high school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment